Strawberry season is upon us. What a better way to celebrate than with a refreshing cocktail on a Sunday Afternoon?
Mojitos are known for their classic mint and lime flavor, but we are mixing it up with a spring blush. That’s right, strawberries!
Here is how to make yourself a Spring Mojito with a twist.
You will need:
- 3 – 4 fresh strawberries (pick the reddest ones).
- 1 lime, quartered.
- 3 sprigs of mint.
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar.
- 2 shots of Rum.
- A splash or two of soda water.
- Crush some ice in your blender.
- Place the strawberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Next layer the lime and mint leaves on top of the berries.
- Add the sugar and fill the shaker with ice.
- Add the rum and shake well
- Pour into a tall glass and top off with soda water.
- Garnish with more mint if desired.
A delicious non-alcoholic version can be made by omitting the rum and adding lemonade.