Zorgvliet Spa’s TheraVine™ Hair and Scalp Treatment is a great way to soothe hair and scalps stressed by colouring and dry Highveld summers. The scalp massage increases blood flow to the scalp which boosts hair growth. To continue the good work at home, why not try one of these great at home deep conditioning treatments once or twice a month to increase shine and condition.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic honey + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One avocado blended or well mashed with 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe bananas blended or mashed thoroughly + 2 tablespoons organic honey + enough milk to thin
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Store bought treatment of your choice
Please note the above measurements are approximate. You may need more or less depending on the thickness and length of your hair.
Any of the above masks can be enhanced with 2-3 drops of your favourite essential oils for fragrance.
- Choose your deep treatment
- Oil based treatments such as number: 2, 3, & 7 should be applied to dry hair.
- If you choose to use treatment number 1, 4, 5, 6 or 8, wash your hair with shampoo only and towel dry.
- Apply your chosen treatment to your hair in sections focusing more treatment on the tips.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or cling wrap. The treatment must stay moist to penetrate the hair cuticle.
- Heat the treatment under the plastic with a hairdryer on medium heat.
- Wrap your head in a towel to retain the heat.
- Leave on for as long as you can – 30 minutes to overnight.
- Hop in the shower and wet hair thoroughly
- Apply a generous amount of your regular conditioner to your hair from room to tip
- Massage in the conditioner and comb through with a wide tooth comb.
- Allow the conditioner to sit on the hair for a minute or two. The conditioner is an emulsion and thus breaks down the oils in your hair more effectively than shampoo and water.
- Shampoo and style as usual
Enjoy the softness and shine of your conditioned hair!