New Year’s Resolutions… who still has them anyway right? This year, make it all about you and what makes you happy! One key aspect to live a happy life, is to live a healthy life and we’re not talking carrots and celery sticks! Emotional well-being is just as important as physical health. Cleanse your soul and make way with all the negativity – here’s how:
- The first step is learning to release your anger and letting go of any grudges. Remember, “For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness”. Anonymous. Take a break, walk it of – just let it go.
- Learn from bad and negative experiences. Life has a way of giving you lessons; learn form them.
- Do something you love, whether it’s reading a book, painting or jogging. Distract your thoughts with fun activities, either with someone or alone if you prefer.
- Maintain a healthy balance between work and your social life. Spend enough time with people that make you happy – everyone needs a healthy support system and good relationships. Make time for the people you care about.
- Do some good. There’s no better feeling than bringing a smile to someone’s face who needs it most. Donate to charity or find out how you can assist with a cause you care about – children’s homes, animal shelters or old age homes are a good place to start. Try Matt’s Foundation – a non-profit organization supporting underprivileged children in the Vaal Triangle.
- Treat yourself to something nice. No idea what? Why not try something new like going for a full body massage at a spa or having your hair and nails done. Try Zorgvliet Spa for some divine spa treatments including massages, manicures, pedicures, reflexology and facials to name a few.
Just have some fun this year!
The Team at Maccauvlei on Vaal