Spring is almost in the air and what better way to kick it off than with some healthy recipes? The Riviera on Vaal’s Matthews Restaurant has compiled some recipes which might be fit for the flowery season, ideal to boost your energy levels after a long, cold winter and we will feature some of these recipes right here on Blogonvaal!
So, without any further ado, jump into spring with new health and a lust for life with this delicious antioxidant salad:
120 baby spinach leaves, washed and patted dry
½ pomegranate’s seeds
½ mango, cut into cubes
Small handful of almonds, cut into slivers, skin on and untoasted
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake until well mixed.
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl, pour the salad dressing over and toss the ingredients to combine. You may not need all of the dressing, depending on how heavily dressed you like your salad.
- Enjoy a healthy meal as an introduction to spring!
Source: Not Quite Nigella (www.notquitenigella.com)
More tips on getting ready and psyched for spring at the Riviera on Vaal:
- Visit Zorgvliet Spa for some treatments to revitalise your body and skin after a long, dry winter.
- Treat yourself and the girls to a Saturday High Tea at Matthews Restaurant to celebrate womanhood and spring.
- Bring your family for a game of golf and enjoy the feeling of spring in the air.
- Dust off your water skis and enjoy a day of water sports on the Vaal River.