With National Water Week upon us, the Riviera on Vaal Hotel and Country Club has a few tips for you on how to save water:
- Run dishwashers only when they are full. You do however save water by rather using a dishwashing machine than washing dishes by hand.
- Install covers on pools and spas to reduce evaporation, especially in winter times when the pool is not being used that often.
- Water the lawns early morning or at night when evaporation is not as rapid.
- Replace your shower heads with water-efficient models. Have a look at eco shower head options here: Eco Shower
- Adjust lawn mowers to higher settings. Taller lawns shade the roots and evidently hold soil moisture better than if it is closely cut.
- Collect water from the roof to water the gardens.
- Make use of service providers who also save water.
- Install an instant water heater near your kitchen sink so you don’t have to keep the water running while it heats up. This also decreases energy usage.
- Make suggestions to your employer on how to save water and money at work.
- When staying at a hotel like the Riviera on Vaal Hotel (or even at home) consider reusing your towels.