At the conference:
- Be there well in time to be able to start registration and sort out any last minute issues.
- Ensure that there is a spare projector available
- After everyone is seated, be sure to highlight dinner times, pre-dinner drinks and where it will be served to the delegates.
- If delegates are to check out prior to the end of the conference, ensure that there is storage space available for their luggage.
- Be present at all social elements of the conference as well, acting as host / hostess and receiving feedback from the delegates.
After the conference:
- Thank all speakers and the chairperson
- Thank the delegates for attending and wish them a safe journey home
- Hand out the conference attendance certificates and appraisal sheets
- Settle the bill with the Hotel and thank them for their services
Back at the office:
- When you are back in office, write a formal letter to all the speakers and the chairperson thanking them for their contribution in making the conference a success. Also enclose their fee and expense payments.
- Formally thank all sponsors
- Prepare a financial statement for the feedback meeting and keep this with the conference records.
- Consider whether the conference should be repeated or not and start arranging next year’s conference.
For printing and design, contact MV Communications on 016 455 6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.