Napkins seem so simplistic, yet they can be the final touch to a perfect looking table. You can fold your napkin into the diamond envelope fold, which looks very sophisticated. Here are the instructions:
- Iron the square shaped napkin flat.
- Fold the napkin in half and orient the open end toward you.
- Fold the napkin into quarters.
- Orient the napkin so that the open end is now facing away from you.
- Fold the top most layer almost all the way forward and press it down flat.
- Fold the next top most layer forward almost as far as the previous one and press it down as well. Make sure the edges are even with the previous fold.
- Fold the next layer as you did the previous two.
- Turn the napkin over and fold the right side back about one third of the way.
- Fold the left side back and over the right side (about one third of the way), check for symmetry and press the fold down.
- Flip the napkin over and insert your silverware into the diamond envelope.
For more information on the Riviera on Vaal‘s function venues and what they have to offer, visit their website: Riviera on Vaal