How do you survive in a hotel when you need to stay there for a period of time? RiverBlogger has put together some tips for the travellers among us – be it business or pleasure:
- Know if you should take someone with. Some people might be fun to be with for more than a week; others might drive you mad.
- Pick the right Hotel. Consider the price range, the services the Hotel provides and also have a look at its rating.
- Unpack your bag rather than living from your bag. It’s easier to find things this way. Just remember to check all the drawers and cupboards before you leave.
- Use the Hotel’s services. At the Riviera on Vaal Hotel and Country Club you can even try out different restaurants such as Matthews Restaurant and Terrace Café, as well as Inyama Grill House. You could even order room service to add to your dining options. The Resort also boasts an eighteen hole golf course, pitch and putt, watersports and occasional wine tasting opportunities.
- Do touristy things. When visiting the Riviera on Vaal Hotel and Country Club consider enquiring about their Petit Verdot Moonlight Cruises, play some golf or visit the Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve. Have a look at RiverBlogger’s Tourist Attraction options in the area here: Tourist Attractions in Vereeniging.
- Last, but not least: Stay positive. Many guests make or break their Hotel stays through their own behaviour. Be friendly to one of the staff members and see how they go the extra mile for you.