RiverBlogger has compiled a list of tourist attractions in Vereeniging that you might like to visit while staying at Bon Hotel Riviera on Vaal or Maccauvlei on Vaal Country Lodge and Conference Centre.
- The Klip River Terrace is one of the world’s most valuable archaeological sites where some implements from the Stone Age have been discovered.
- The Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve boasts a 12 000 hectare stretch of land with numerous hiking options.
- Maccauvlei Golf Course and the Riviera on Vaal Golf Course are two very fine golf courses to visit for a game of golf beside an oasis of wetlands and the Vaal River.
- The Treehaven Waterfowl Trust boasts an oasis of wetlands dedicated to the world’s waterfowl. Here you will be able to see 16 species of South African ducks, 116 species of exotic ducks, geese and swans and even four species of flamingos. All three species of the South African crane species can also be seen here as part of a captive breeding programme.
- Treat your kids to a visit to the Jabulani Butterfly Garden where you will be able to see both local and exotic butterflies as well as some other small animals.
- In the mood for something sweet? The Waffle Shed on R59 has some sugary treats that are a must try. They also have a Saturday market at The Shed where Micro Brew Craft Beers, artisanal crafts and gourmet foods are on offer.
- Go on a historical tour and visit places like the Apartheidsbridge, the Mine Workers Monument and the Vaal Teknorama Museum.
- Enjoy some watersports on the Vaal River including skiing, wakeboarding, tubing and boat cruises. Contact the Bon Hotel Riviera on Vaal Riviera on Vaal Country Club for more information on available water sports and their Petit Verdot Floating Restaurant cruises on 016 420 1300 or email@example.com.
- If you’re feeling hungry grab a bite at Anna’s Kitchen, their quiche of the day is divine! Or if you’re in town over the last Sunday of the month pop in for Maccauvlei on Vaal’s not to be missed buffet.
- The Emerald Casino also boasts numerous activities including gambling, bowling and an animal world zoo.
- Enjoy a Birding Cruise at Stonehaven, which forms part of the official Vaal Birding route, including coffee, tea and snacks on a luxury three hour cruise on the Vaal River.
- Wind down at ones of Zorgvliet Spa‘s stunning locations. The spa offers facials, massages, manicures, pedicures and other treats.