These top 5 grilled dishes consist of dishes that South Africans enjoy most. With Inyama’s upcoming new menu, RiverBlogger thought it well to share some of South Africa’s top grilled dishes with you.
1. We all know that South Africans are known for their braai and rugby. So there we have it: red meat will always be right at the top of our grilling list, especially steak.
2. Chicken comes in second; be it whole chicken or chicken thighs – grilled chicken stays finger licking good.
3. With South Africa’s great weather, there’s no doubt that a freshly caught trout, salmon or snoek would fall within the top 5. Therefore, fish is number three on our list.
4. A recent favourite among braai enthusiasts is grilled vegetables. Corn on the cob with a wooded flavor or grilled peppers makes for a perfect side dish.
5. Lastly, but definitely not least, grilled fruit takes up the fifth place on our list. Grilled peaches, taken from the grill and immediately topped with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream are an easy, yet delicious dessert. The same goes for bananas, grilled in its skins. As the skins tear open from the heat, remove them from the grill and top them with whipped cream and caramel treat for some extra sweetness.
Any grilled dishes that you’d like to add to the list?