It’s hard to pick the right wedding dress, especially with all the excitement in between! So how do you decide on the right wedding dress specifically for you? Here are a few dress types and tips that might guide you in the right direction:
- A-line wedding dresses are those that have no significant waist and its lines form an A from your shoulders down. This dress type is usually very flattering for a bride carrying her weight in the middle.
- Ball gowns are the more formal type of wedding dress, similar to the dresses that fairytale princesses would wear (feel free to release you inner princess – this is your day after all). With a bodice that fits tightly around the waist and a full skirt, this wedding dress conceals large hips and thighs.
- Empire gowns have raised waistlines and their skirts skims over the hips which then flairs towards the floor. These wedding dresses are very flattering to most body types, especially small breasted brides.
- The mermaid wedding dress shows off the bride’s curves perfectly. The dress fits tightly around the body and then flows out from the knees downwards.
- A sheath is a column shaped dress that follows close to the shape of the body. This wedding dress doesn’t allow for many body flaws, but the straight shape might make your body appear longer, and therefore this wedding dress might be suitable for shorter brides.
When you need to pick the right wedding dress, take along a trusted friend who will be sure to tell it like it is without blinking. This way, you’ll be sure to pick the right wedding dress for your body type and you’ll be the most beautiful bride you can be.