In the tradition of something old, something new; something borrowed, something blue, which items would you want to include on your wedding day?
Here are a few options to choose from to add sentiment to your special day:
- Use your grandmother’s lace gloves
- Use an old purse to put your lip gloss in
- If you don’t want to wear something old, why not use old, vintage chairs at the wedding reception?
That’s usually the easy part at a wedding, as everything is new.
- Use modern vases for the table decorations
- Consider having a special new bracelet or earrings to wear
- For the groom – why not have a proper new watch?
- Perhaps ask your sister to lend you her lip gloss (some sister’s luck for the wedding)
- Borrow grandma’s pearls for the special day
- Or have your mom tweak her veil a bit and borrow that for the occasion.
This is where the fun starts!
- Use lavender on your wedding tables and see how that brings beautiful hints of blue to your wedding.
- Why not go all out and organize a blue car for the event?
- A blue bouquet might also bring some balance – depending on your wedding theme.